Housing & Property Law
We act for landlords and tenants, freeholders and leaseholders as well as homeless applicants in all areas of housing and property law.
We are able to assist landlords with all issues that they are likely to encounter including:
• Drafting documentation including notices, tenancy agreements etc.
• Issuing possession proceedings.
• Representation at court.
• Defending any claims brought by a tenant (disrepair, unlawful eviction etc).
We offer fixed fees for certain issues as referred to below.
We have vast experience acting for tenants including the following:
• Defending possession proceedings.
• Bringing claims against landlords in relation to disrepair at a property.
• Challenging local authority homeless decisions.
• Unlawful eviction.
• Judicial review.
We are able to assist either under legal aid or on a private basis. We are one of the very few law firms in South London with a contract from the Legal Aid Agency in housing.
• Service charge disputes.
• Lease extensions.
• Collective enfranchisement.
• Representation at County Court or Property Tribunal (formerly LVT).
• Bringing or defending Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 applications.
We are able to liaise with both our conveyancing and commercial departments in this regard.
We offer competitive hourly rates in addition to fixed fees in certain matters.
For tenants we offer legal aid where this is available or conditional fee agreements (CFA) (‘no win no fee’) for disrepair matters where appropriate.
Our current fixed fees are as follows:
1. Initial consultation in person or over the telephone to discuss generally and consider the options available.
£150 + VAT
2. Drafting section 8/21 HA 1988 notices.
£80 + VAT
3. Issuing accelerated possession proceedings (not including Court hearing).
£300 + VAT plus Court fee
4. Issuing standard possession proceedings including attendance at Court at first hearing.
£600 + VAT plus Court fee
5. Enforcing possession order
£80 + VAT plus Court fee.
With regard to legal aid we would need to assess you with regard to both means and merits.
For a confidential discussion, call us on 020 7228 0017 or email us
- Marley Naturel – Can the Brand be Protected?
- From our trainee solicitor in Brussels: New EU Rules to protect victim of domestic violence enter into force
- Agile Contracts are empowering Business Development Projects
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay current with legal updates and news from Hanne & Co.