We have considerable experience acting for private landlords covering all aspects of housing law that regularly affect them.
How can we help?
- We are able to draft the initial Tenancy Agreement based on your specific requirements and instructions and are also able to advise more generally with regard to the respective obligations of the parties to a particular agreement
- Where the relationship between you and your tenant breaks down, we are able to advise and assist with regard to all steps involved in possession proceedings including drafting and serving notices on your tenant, issuing possession proceedings, representation at court and enforcement of the final order to enable you to regain possession of your property
- Whilst clearly less common, we are also experienced in dealing with situations involving properties being squatted and dealing with the court proceedings necessary for regaining possession
- All private landlords should be aware of the requirements relating to registering deposits taken from tenants and we are able to advise you with regard to your obligations under the Tenancy Deposit Scheme and assist you in dealing with any claims stemming from this brought by your tenant
- We are also able to advise you regarding any disrepair issues that may arise and, in particular, in defending any claims brought by your tenant that relate to this
Fixed Fees (for landlords) in relation to possession proceedings
Some landlords are happy to bring their own claims for possession and deal with the procedures themselves. However, this can be both stressful and time consuming and mistakes are easily made. Once such mistakes have been made they can often be both difficult and expensive to rectify.
We offer fixed fees covering the various stages involved in evicting your tenants including consideration of the documentation, issuing proceedings where necessary and advising in writing.
The fixed fee arrangements we currently offer are as follows:
1. Drafting section 8/21 HA 1988 notices.
£225 + VAT
2. Accelerated possession proceedings (not including Court hearing)
£300 + VAT plus Court fee.
3. Issuing standard possession proceedings based on Section 8 rent arrears, including attendance at Court at first hearing.
£1,500 – £2,000 + VAT plus Court fee.
5. Enforcing possession order
£225 + VAT plus Court fee.
Should you wish to instruct us on this basis you should contact us by emailing Victoria Copeman by clicking here
or by telephone on 020 7228 0017.