The lawyers and support staff at Hanne & Co are our most valuable asset
Hanne & Co is quite simply a different sort of law firm. We pride ourselves on career development, effective team work and offering a great place to work.
We truly value diversity in our staff and provide a friendly and inclusive working environment. We want to know what our staff think and how they can become more involved with the firm. We have recently started a staff survey, which is completed on an anonymous basis so that the members of our team can express themselves freely. Our staff is the firm’s future – we do not say that lightly.
Hanne & Co is a place where our employees are able to develop their skills whilst gaining real recognition and job satisfaction. Everyone here works together as a team, putting in real enthusiasm and striving for excellence in practice every step of the way.
We have Lexcel accreditation, CQS accreditation (as well as others) and are an equal opportunities employer. We also take our Corporate Social Responsibility very seriously indeed and we truly believe that our staff should be at the heart of this.
Staff retention is one of our strengths – sometimes staff look for opportunities elsewhere but we are always striving and trying our level best to retain our staff – one thing we have noticed is that often when people do leave they return.
We are frequently looking for hard working, enthusiastic and ambitious people to join our team. Our current vacancies appear here from time to time and we look forward to hearing from you.
Come join us!
If you would like to subscribe to receive new job alerts you can do so by updating your preferences.
Solicitors with Following
We are looking for solicitors with their own following in any of the areas in which this firm specialises. We have beautiful new offices with spare space. We are a long established but forward thinking firm with a solid infrastructure and cloud based technology. We are open to consider different types of working arrangements.
To apply please submit your application form online.
Private Client Solicitor
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time position.
A private client solicitor is required to join our busy team in Battersea
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience needed:
- Must have at least 5 years PQE experience
- Particular interest and experience of HNW IHT planning, taxation of trusts and individuals
- Experience of contentious and non-contentious probate
- Experience of LPAs and Court of Protection work
- Experience obtained in a similar role essential
- Good drafting skills
- Efficient and well organised, with meticulous attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible with ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise heavy workload within tight time constraints under pressure
- Excellent IT skills particularly with experience in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing, including dealing directly with clients and beneficiaries as required
Duties and responsibilities
- To undertake fee earning work and provide a profitable contribution to the department
- To meet and exceed set financial targets in respect of fee earning work
- Act as a professional and responsible representative of the firm at all times
- Contribute wherever possible to the success and development of the firm
- Conduct client work from external enquiries and cross department referrals
- Engage with new enquiries face to face as well as via e-mail and telephone
- Ensure that all client work is dealt with efficiently
- Ensure that clients are regularly informed as to progress and costs
- Exercise high standards of client care at all times
- Comply with the SRA regulations
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with external institutions and local organisations
- Supervise trainee/paralegal as necessary
- Keep up to date with changes in the relevant law
- Know and comply with the Office Manual and firm guidance
- Comply with relevant training requirements of the SRA and to assist with any in-house training as may be required
- Actively promote the services of the firm and its image at all times
- Participate in marketing activities on a departmental and firm wide basis
- Effectively manage the financial aspects of all client files for which you are responsible
- Ensure the confidentiality of firm and client documents/information at all times
- Review and supervise other fee earners and their caseloads if required to do so
9.30am to 5.30pm
Please apply online via our website and send CV to email@example.com
Any enquiries please direct to Human Resources on 020 7228 0017.