Marketing and Business Development
Simon is an experienced marketeer and business developer and has spent most of his career at technology and manufacturing companies.
Previous experience includes:
- being part of the team that coordinated Toyota Motor Corporation’s high profile £840 million investment in two manufacturing plants in the UK in the 1980s;
- Managing joint ventures between UK-based electrical/engineering groups and Japanese trading giant Mitsui Bussan; and
- Heading up the marketing and business development at a pioneering technology company that developed one of the world’s first commercial GSM-based live video solutions.
Simon has a BA in Politics from Essex University and is also a qualified copywriter.
Outside of work, he enjoys spending time with his family (and pet Westie), reading and travel. He is also a keen squash player having once taken two extremely lucky points off the then world number 9.
- Simon has been a film extra in 3 films, two of them blockbusters – Fantastic Beasts – The Crimes of Grindelwald and Justice League.
- He is a co-producer of Little Miss Landmine, a short documentary broadcast on Finnish television, on a unique beauty contest in Angola in which all of the contestants were landmine victims.